Description of the video:
Welcome to another episode of MALN Opinion+! We are excited to have a weekly program dedicated to discussing the concerns and opinions of Massachusetts’s Latino community.
We spoke to Mayor of Cambridge Sumbul Siddiqui this week about the pandemic’s impacts on the community, the city’s wide variety of available and upcoming resources, along with its biggest goals for 2021.
Mayor Siddiqui shared how her office quickly pivoted all of its efforts last spring to ensure the health and safety of residents, which has resulted in an array of COVID-19-related services throughout the pandemic and this new year. In this week’s episode, she also discussed the importance of outreach to marginalized communities and increasing residents’ accessibility to city resources.
Resources mentioned in the video:
- The City of Cambridge’s website: https://www.cambridgema.gov/
- Learn more and apply to the Housing Stabilization Fund here: https://www.cambridgema.gov/covid19/housingfund
- Check out more resources relating to Affordable Housing in Cambridge at: https://www.cambridgema.gov/Services/applyforaffordablehousing
- View the City’s Calendar here: https://www.cambridgema.gov/citycalendar
- Access resources and updates from the Mayor’s Office: https://www.cambridgema.gov/Departments/mayorsoffice