Welcome to another episode of MALN Opinion+! We are excited to have a weekly program dedicated to discussing the concerns and opinions of Massachusetts’s Latino community.
We spoke with U.S. Marshal John Gibbons for the District of Massachusetts about the pandemic’s different impacts on his work, the office’s main goals moving forward, the importance of joint community efforts, and resources available to residents.
Marshal Gibbons emphasized that law enforcement and policing need to work with local communities as a team and recruit people to represent diverse communities. He encouraged residents to stay updated and be alert for wanted individuals to aid the office in their work. Reach Marshal Gibbons’ Office at (860) 748-26800.
Resources mentioned in the video:
- U.S. Marshals Service – MA District – page: https://www.usmarshals.gov/district/ma/
- Check out these online
- Marshal Service 2020 Annual Report: https://www.usmarshals.gov/foia/annual-report-2020.pdf
- Strategic Plan 2020-2024: https://www.usmarshals.gov/foia/strategic_plan-2020.pdf
- Public Fact Sheets: https://www.usmarshals.gov/duties/factsheets/index.html
- U.S. Marshals Contact Info: https://www.usmarshals.gov/contacts/districts.html
- COVID-19 Data & Info: https://www.usmarshals.gov/coronavirus/stats.html