Description of the video:
Welcome to another episode of MALN Opinion+! We are excited to have a weekly program dedicated to discussing the concerns and opinions of Massachusetts’s Latino community.
We discussed with Executive Director of Sociedad Latina Alexandra Oliver-Dávila this week on the organization’s current and future work, along with how the pandemic has affected Boston’s Latino community.
Oliver-Dávila shared the organization’s history and how it has grown over decades to currently offer a variety of core programs and resources to Massachusetts Latino youths. She also talked about the pandemic’s effects on Boston’s Latino community—especially since COVID-19 has disproportionately impacted people of color—and how Sociedad Latina has responded to help residents with different challenges.
Resources mentioned in the video:
- Sociedad Latina’s website: https://www.sociedadlatina.org/
- Check out these volunteering opportunities with Sociedad Latina: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16sZ2T3DsTKRD9zIBoZUVYDbb3bvdFJQrIUDTEqJy8-4/edit
- The STEAM Team is available for local youths interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math. Learn more by contacting email@example.com or 978-396-0015
- Read about getting involved with the organization here: https://www.sociedadlatina.org/get-involved
- View Sociedad Latina’s core programs at: https://www.sociedadlatina.org/about
- View its annual reports and financial information here: https://www.sociedadlatina.org/annual-reports-and-financial-information